Sunday, November 1, 2009

Good Grief.

It's been a busy month, to say the least, and it's rapidly come to a close. I'm hoping November is a little calmer and a little more relaxing. I made it through parents day this week, with a permanent smile on my face, and even managed to make my reliable cat costume a smashing success on Friday. As the week came to a close, I think I started to realize how tired and worn out I was from all the hustle and bustle of the past while, and I found myself crashing and burning to say the least. We were torn between two different trips to the mountain this weekend, and in true form, we waited to make our decision until 6am Saturday morning--the time we were supposed to be up and running to make it to either destination--which was to not do anything.

And not doing anything ended up being just the weekend I needed! I slept till 1:30pm on Saturday, got some tea and watched it rain, went to see the Michael Jackson movie that just came out, went out for a wonderful Italian dinner at a new place nearby Saturday evening, and spent Halloween night watching 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.' Charlie Brown just never disappoints! This was the first Halloween that I can remember not dressing up and going to a party. I must be getting old. Today Ali and I went to Lake Park and took pictures of the leaves before they all fall off the trees. I noticed at the park that despite all the people around, it was so quiet. Everything just felt still and hushed and calm. Korea's such a quiet place. I'm pretty sure that the same park scene in American would have been at the very least 5 times as loud.

Speaking of movies (I did speak of a movie somewhere in that last paragraph), I also went to see the movie 'District 9' last week and everyone must go see that movie! It was so nice to see a truly great movie that is beautiful and subtle and everything a movie should be minus the hollywood sheen and dramatization. Go see it! I think I might go again. Also in the movie plans this week is to see Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds.' It just came out in theater here. Has anyone seen it? Thoughts???

I watched Magnolia tonight for the first time in 6 years. I'm not so sure it was the best way to prepare myself for Monday morning. I love that movie, but I kinda forgot that it's a bit of a downer...

Happy November everyone!!!

3 comments:

sarah said...

I saw District 9 and loved it as well! Despite a few violent parts, I'd agree... it was beautiful and powerful.

Happy November to you!!

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you liked it too! It was the best movie I've seen in awhile...

Hope Chicago is still treating you well!

Kunnari said...

The concept of the movie seems so starnge to me, but I saw Inglourious Basterds and it is funny. And while laughing you think should I be laughing at this.... but you should.