Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swine flu hits Kookje.

It's happened. Swine flu has hit Kookje English Village. Yesterday 7 kids were out, today we're up to 11, which is a lot considering we have 25 kids in the entire Kindergarten. So we've decided to "shut it down" in true 30-rock form. No school Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It seems all schools are shutting their doors these days. Ali's has been closed for a week, along with what seems like most other public schools in the area. But I thought our little private school would be safe from the big bad flu. I guess not.

Is it possible to mentally persaude yourself that you're sick? Because I've been feeling a little off my game ever since I showed up to school yesterday and realized that little Sam in my homeroom class who coughs on me, makes me wipe food off his mouth at lunchtime, kisses and hugs me goodbye at the end of every day is at home with the swine flu, I've been having waves of "oh no, I'm sure I've got it too" feelings. I have a really bad headache, I went to bed at 9pm last night because I was so exhausted, and in general, I feel a little space out. I'm hoping it's just paranoia messing with me. Regardless, I'm prepared to fight this battle--I'm drinking about 5 cups of Ginseng tea a day (Korea's ward-off-sickness tea), and way above my daily need of vitamin C. You will not get the best of me swine flu!

The good news is that I now have a 5 day weekend! I don't know if this will affect my vacation time down the road, but I can't say I mind a little time off. I have big plans to go to the dentist, start graduate school applications, find a new winter coat, and make a costco run.

Stay back swine flu!

No comments: