Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Morning Music.

Well, I didn’t go to the dentist, I didn’t find a new winter coat, but I did start grad school applications! One out of three isn’t so bad. We’re back at school today, and only about 6 kids out of 23 are absent, so hopefully swine flu has come and gone at Kookje English Village. Fingers crossed! Many parents are pulling their kids from school for awhile, and a lot of private schools are suffering. My school is already just making it, and a sudden drop in enrollment is the last thing we need.

Yesterday Ali and I met Joy and Rob at church in the morning (an Anglican church with an English service that I really enjoy) for their Remembrance Day Service. Ali and I were 15 minutes late due to our bus getting in a traffic jam because of some festival or cycling race or something downtown, and the service in total was only 30 minutes, so by the time we found Joy and Rob, settled in, got our coats off and caught our breath, we said ‘Amen’ and it was over. Not sure what the rush was, but we made the most of the painfully early start to the day and headed to the flea market, where Ali got a guitar, and I bought some rip-off Fendi sunglasses that could pass as real if one is not looking too closely. We then took Joy and Rob to Everest, our favorite Nepalese restaurant in Seoul. Their garlic naan never dissapoints!

I’m off to go teach Monday morning music class. NOTHING beats loud instruments and obnoxious singing children first thing on a Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.