Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival

Our very exciting camera purchase on Sunday was conveniently made right before we headed to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Yeouido. We headed there in the afternoon, very thrilled to try out our new camera! I've lived in Korea for 3 years and have never managed to make it to this festival, mostly because I never wanted to brave the pushy Korean crowds. But since I may never have a chance to see the Cherry Blossoms in Korea again (sniff, sniff), I thought it would be worth the effort.
It was! The blossoms were beautiful! I LOVE Spring. (Another thing I loved when I was 10 that I still love...that theory is proving to be true of most things, it seems). The cherry blossoms come and go in the blink of an eye -- most of them will be gone by this weekend already -- so I was glad we could catch them in their prime blossomy-ness.
I can't explain why, but I love this picture (below). Our new camera
makes everything look so...cool!As many people as cherry blossoms. Korea's so small that when something cool
is happening, everyone is there.
Our first photo shoot with the new camera was exhilarating! So happy!