Sunday, February 3, 2008

from rat trash to headlight.

so here's some pictures of my new do. i went in and said "give me the brightest most craziest blonde hair you can." and she (actually they--there were about 7 koreans working on my hair) did. i feel sort of like a mixture between a punk rocker and an alien and a headlight. the pictures really don't do it justice. everytime i look in the mirror, i stop, gasp, put my hand to my open mouth in a shocked gesture, and then i start laughing. it's so funny! but i know i can make it work. very dramatic eye makeup and bright lipstick will be necessary for the next while. hooray for a little nudge in the style department! lately i've been in this slump of un-uniqueness, mostly due to the fact that i sit on the floor with little kids playing musical games all day long. and also b/c it's so cold in our school and i just want to be warm! those two factors often result in black flowy pajama-like pants and my bright orange wool sweater that could keep a polar bear warm in the middle of an antartic winter. but this hair is not gonna let me get away with mediocre style.


i leave for china on wednesday morning. i'm really excited! i'm doing a few tours--great wall, forbidden city, summer palace, temple of heaven. i also got tickets for the chinese opera one night. and i'm taking an extraordinarily large suitcase b/c i plan to do a lot of shopping! i'm ready to get my bargaining game face on. bring it on little old chinese women!

7 comments:

Kathlyn D said...

VERY nice. very very nice. especially the red lipstick... is that the stuff you "stole" on our trip to target years ago?

Carolyn said...

i think it actually is the stuff i "stole" on our infamous april fools target trip. or did i "steal" a watch? it's so hard to keep track of fake theifery.

Anonymous said...

I love LOVE LOVE it! It's gorgeous! so fun! have fun in China I really want to go there some day! take care, miss you heaps
-joy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It could no be better. Seriously. Rock that lipstick.

Justin said...

have fun in china!!

Modiste1000 said...

oh, that is awesome!!!!!

mind you, super warm orange (ORANGE!!!) sweater does not strike me as "mediocre style." you *may* be too hard on yourself - considering I think all your outfits are darling!

And I should know. *preen*

;-)

anyway, IF one feels the need for shopping, China is so totally the place to do that (in my mind, at least). hope the trip is fantastic!!!

love you, blond bombshell lady!!

Kunnari said...

slightly envious of you going to china (and the hair- slightly).