Thursday, January 31, 2008

there's a mop on my head.

today, i am taking the bus to my private lesson after school. i don't want to be one of those people who can't "get back on the horse," but i think i get a few days. and besides, it's cold, and i'm in a disgruntled sort of mood today, and besides that, i like public transportation. i always feel like i'm connecting with all the other people who can't afford a car, are trying to save the environment, or just got hit by a car while riding their bike.

saturday i'm getting my hair cut!!!! and colored!!! i haven't done a thing to it since early august, and i have actually been enjoying my longer hair. i feel like it's been relatively healthy, shiny, and i've even felt that it's maintained it exuberance from being in the sun all summer. UNTIL. the other day, i woke up, took a shower, let my hair dry a bit while making my trader joe's steel cut oatmeal that was sent to me in a christmas package from my loved ones chicago, and when i approached the mirror to do my hair, my eyes popped out of their sockets and i had to sccop my jaw off the ground as i looked at myself in horror. how had i MISSED this!?!?! i look TERRIBLE!!! my hair was limp and uneven and straggly and resembled the color of a rat's fur after rummaging through the trash. it was quite startling how quickly my attitude transitioned from one of content and approval to one of disgust and humiliation. had i really been sporting this hair with pride and satisfaction? how embarrassing. so! my friend choee is a hair dresser in apujeong, one of the wealthiest parts of seoul, and she is giving me a mega discount to do a cut and color. as much as i'd love to hot pink like last year (or actually, i think this time i'd do electric blue), i think my school would book the soonest flight and send me home. but i want to do short and edgy. sort of uneven edgy. maybe with a longer piece in the front. and PLATINUM blonde! bright blonde! as blonde as blonde can get! so that i can fit in here more. (ha ha.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I recommend this haircut:

http://www.hairstyle-pictures.biz/images/logo.jpg

I tried to get it, but it came out like a bob. So if you like it, you might as well try it for yourself. Good luck!!

Kathlyn D said...

let's SEE THE NEW DO!