Monday, February 18, 2008

over the hill.

the end of this week marks my 6 month anniversary as a resident of korea. i feel like this is sort of a big deal. since christmas, i've been thinking in my mind that i've been here "6 months or so," and i've found myself thinking in the past 6 weeks..."have i seriously not hit the 6 month mark yet? seriously? i'm still on my way up the hill???" but as of this week friday, my journey (at least my journey at this school) is all down hill. i'm not sure why, but it's a really nice feeling to know that i am over the half way mark. these past few weeks i've been feeling overwhelmed by the fact that i still have over half of my contract left at this school. but now it's just half. and every day that passes by means less and less of half. does that even make sense?

despite my frustration with my school lately, i happened to have quite a good monday, which i find is rare. mondays are always the worst day--none of the week behind you yet. but today i was in quite good spirits and had incredible patience when my kids spent a solid 5 minutes blowing their noses and then deciding they hadn't cleaned it all out, so blowing their noses again, and using about 3 times the amount of tissues necessary, and when my entire 3:30 class thought it would be hillarious to use the sleeping song as "let's all roll around like we're balls and see who gets the biggest bruise" time. i give myself a big pat on the back.

IS WINTER OVER YET!?!??!?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I'm so sick of being cold, all the time. On Sunday it was about 40 degrees and sunny and it reminded me that it won't be winter forever. Hurray!