Tuesday, February 26, 2008

earth intruders.

guess who came to korea on february 16??? BJORK!!! and guess who didn't have the slightest clue??? ME!!!! grrrr. i can't believe i missed it! i found out about in less than one week too late. most bigs bands skip over korea and head straight to tokyo, so this was a big event! and i missed it. i could have seen bjork in korea. the next shows coming up are backstreet boys (seriously, boy bands are still around? who knew) and celine dion. let's be honest, i've wanted to see celine dion since i was 8 (i don't care what kind of music you prefer, that woman could knock you to the wall with her vocal chords), but tricia and i have always promised to go together. anyway, i'm bummed! i need to get more on top of the seoul music scene.

i also had some house guests this weekend. about a couple thousand of them. and i believe they've been living with me for awhile without my knowledge. i woke up sunday and saw another little black bug about the size of my fingernail crawling on my kitchen floor. i've been noticing them pop up around my apartment lately, and when i opened my bottom cupboard door to pull out my oatmeal, i saw a few more. as i looked more closely, i realized that not only were there a few more, but a few thousand more little disgusting black bugs, crawling all over my food, all through my open bag of rice, and into my half empty box of crackers. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i freaked out. tore everything out of my cuboard, threw it in the trash, vacumed, sanitzied, vacumed again, sanitized again. i think they are coming in under my fridge, b/c i found another thousand dead ones under there (the poor souls who didn't survive the long treck to the cuboard.) apprently they are the korean version of the cockroach. the disgust and horror i felt was not quite up to the level of the "there's a family of rats living in our kitchen and grant just killed one with a brick" incident (please, don't ask...), but i was very disturbed to say the least. i've got the bug killer people scheduled for next tuesday. i will have the last laugh, my korean cockroach friends!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GA-ROSS! I can't believe you had the equivalent of cockroaches living with you. Ugh, I can't even think about it. At least your place is clean now. I need to do a SUPER cleaning of my apartment one of these days. Maybe Saturday...
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Ewww... Thats all I have to say about that... Ewww.

Carolyn said...

i know i know!!!!! what is it with me that attracts rodents and disgusting little bug creatures!?!?!?!