Thursday, February 21, 2008

after all that we've been through...

last night at spinning class, as i was rockin out to the pounding korean hip-hop beats they had blaring for us to peddle to, the music suddenly changed to a pumped up version of "i'm sorry" by chicago. paleaaase oh please tell me you know this song! "everybody needs a little time away. blah blah blah blah. (i forget that line.) from each oooooooootherrrrrrrr. even lovers need a holiday. far away from the one that i love. oooooo and i. it's hard for me to say i'm sorry. i just want you to stay. oooooo and i! i really wanna tell you i'm sorry. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......(i forget that line, too. but here comes the chorus which is the best part.) after all that we've been through. i will make it up to you! i promise you...." and then there's another line to the chorus, but i forget that too. so obviously i haven't listened to this song recently but it was my FAVORITE song somewhere around age 12. i remember stealing my sisters chicago tape and listening to that song in my walkman over and over and over again. and last night when it came on in the middle of all the korean rubish i can never understand, i almost cried! it was a glorious moment! and the best part was that they play the music so loud and the room is so dark that i could just belt out every word (every word that i remember atleast) without anyone even turning their head to notice. it was the perfect thing to get me through the middle of the workout. i would also just like to throw out a word of praise and admiration to the spinning instructor. she's this totally punked out chick with biking gloves and the bandana and the entire class, she's up on her little stage banging her head to the music, yelling out really intense korean words, smiling, closing her eyes and singing her heart out to every beat, and doing this little thing where her eyes kind of look up toward the cieling and her teeth bite her bottom lip in a gesture that says "God, i love my job. i'm dripping in a bucket of sweat and i can barely breathe and my legs are killing me and i'm still rockin out! life is grand!" she could very well be thinking "God, if i have to get through another one of these stupid classes listening to the stupid music that is rupturing my ear drum, i swear on my grave, i will cut off my left leg just so i can never bike again." but i am leaning towards the prior. i've never seen anyone look like they're having so much fun doing such a painful activity. it's inspiring!

in other news, i cannot stop eating gaucomole. i seriously eat almost a tub every day. i wake up and i crave it, i am eating fajitas non-stop just as a means to dump spoonful after spoonful of delicious bright green costco gaucomole on top. i don't know what to do! it's the only thing i want! are their any health risks to eating too much gaucomole? i know it's healthy thing, but is there such a thing as an overdose on avacados? what would the symptoms be? what if my skin starts turning bright green? i could change my name to elphaba. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. So I should put this on your last post, but I was afraid you wouldn't read it there.

Anyway, When I walked out the door of North yesterday, it was -19 and over night there had been a -46 degree windchill. The crazy thing... it was like 40 on saturday and sunday.....


Isn't Iowa fantastic?

Anonymous said...

Shoot... okay so the way that it looks on my computer, the Minus sign is on one line, and the 19 is on the other, So I think that I should clarify that, yes, it was, indeed, MINUS 19.

Carolyn said...

holy moly. so much for spring being just around the corner! i feel for you iowanites and am glad i am not joining you in your drastic weather changes...

Anonymous said...

I think that green is a good color on you. Especially with the neon yellow/white hair. You'd look like an albino with green hair, only in reverse.


(Yes, that was the best exaple I could come up with)

Modiste1000 said...

I agree! You can be green, I'll be pale blue, and Larry can be horrified!!! :-)

Carolyn said...

ha! despite your enthusiasm over the green skin look, my tummy has started telling me "WHATS WITH ALL THE GAUCOMOLE!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! GIVE ME A BREAK AND EAT SOMETHING ELSE PALEEEEASE!!!" hence why i am up at 5 in the morning on a saturday. so i think i'm going to need a little gaucomole detox.