Monday, July 28, 2008

squash. (the sport not the thanksgiving food...)

this morning i woke up, pushed the snooze about 8 times (mondays...sigh...), and attempted to slowly with eyes half closed edge down the stairs, when suddenly i realized my body was not moving as it should, even for a monday morning. i quite literally had trouble bending my legs (sitting on the toilet took great effort), and even found it hard to find the muscle in my right forearm to squeeze the shampoo out of the bottle in the shower. every inch of my body is aching in painful despair!!! reasons...

#1. ali and i played 2 hours of squash on saturday. i knew the gym near me had squash courts, and, assuming that sqaush and raquetball were the same thing (seriously, they look the same in pictures...), and keeping in mind that i've played numerous rounds of raquetball with my dad (completely non-competetive and for fun only. ha.), i thought to myself..."my chances of winning are high...the odds are in my favor..." and so ali and i had it out on the squash court. anyway, 2 hours of squash playing and fighting for my life and athletic integrity later, i walked out of the gym feeling like rocky balboa (appologies for the analogy...the movie was just on tv this weekend...) leaving his boxing ring. the important thing is that i won. barely. but i won. (there were very few words exchanged the next hour...)

#2. yesterday, mina, ali and i went to the incheon pentaport rock festival. it was no lollapalooza (HAVE YOU SEEN THE LINE-UP THIS YEAR!?!?!? the one year i leave chicago and lollapalooza pulls a fast one on me...), but it was seriously, seriously, incredible. crazy korean bands in the afternoon and hard-fi, feeder, underworld, and KASABIAN!!!! probably one of the best shows i've ever seen. i had this surreal moment during their show where i felt completely elated as i looked around feeling all the energy from the crowd, completely covered in mud from my knees down and thought..."i'm in korea! watching kasabian! surrounded my koreans! this is crazy!" it was just one of those moments. anyway, the jumping up and down and banging of the head and dancing didn't do much good for the body either. but oooooooh so worth it. here's some pics from the festival:


hard-fi...






reeeeeallly muddy...








hot, sweaty, and happy music lovers...








kasabian!!!! mina and i nearly jumped the stage and became their groupies dedicating our lives to go wherever they go, but we all saw how that turned out for kate hudson in almost famous...

1 comment:

Dena said...

I think you should take the risk and become a groupie anyways, regardless of what we may (or may not) learn from Kate Hudson