Monday, July 14, 2008

tick tock


i guess time FLIES when you're having...summer in korea. life is so crazy right now! and i just don't think it will settle down muchuntil...er.....christmas? hopefully by christmas my life has settled down. hopefully. anyway. so tomorrow is my last day of tango pango. whoop whoop! get me out of there! i will miss my kids dearly and in ode to the time i've spent with them, they get their pictures on my blog. what i will not, however, miss my crazy boss, getting paid 2 weeks late without warning, and working for


a school with no organization and no hope for a future. but other than that, i have wonderful memories! i've already started working for another school part time and i will transition right into full time this week when i'm finished at tango pango. it's a small school that does one-on-one tutoring (or in some cases on-on-two if parents want siblings to be taught together, etc.) from kids to adults. i really like it and am really grateful that i found a place to work my last month. it will be a really nice change. ooooo, and i get to play board games! there's two brothers who i basically just get to play board games with the whole time, and i LOVE IT. seriously, no matter how old i get, there's nothing like a good ole round of monopoly. last week we played uno for nearly an hour and the younger brother (highly competetive) kept cheating and
we all know how i feel about cheating (unless it's me who's doing the cheating) and then i couldn't keep them from talking in korean to tell each other what cards they have so they could gang up on me and let me tell you, i've never been dished so many draw-4s in all my years of uno playing, and that is a lot. what could i say? i wanted to throw my cards down, break out in angry tears, scream "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" and stomp out of the room with a big slam of the door. but i held it together and remembered that i was the teacher and was getting paid to not give into my competetive urges. but it was tough let me tell you.

so anyway, i leave korea in less than 5 weeks. BAAAA! i can't believe it. time seems to be in the olympic race of the 100 meter dash (speaking of the olympics, it starts in 2 1/2 weeks! and it's happening right next to me! and i saw the olypmic stadium when i was in beijing. COOOL huh...). but i've been filling my time with oodles of stuff to make sure i'm getting the most of korean summer.

things i've been doing:



eating hot dogs at baseball games.









watching koreans play baseball and wishing it was the cubs.








arriving to the symphony 20 minutes late dripping sweat from sprinting from the train to the music hall, and not being let in till the second half. and being very upset.







rockin out the back streets of seoul.











nuri bong!!!!!! (korean karaoke...)








and more nuri bong!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! You posted again. I missed reading about your life. Good to have you back!

Amanda said...

what does next year hold for you?

Carolyn said...

not sure yet amanda! but if i'm in the europe area i'll definitely head up north... :)