Friday, August 8, 2008

let the games begin.

THE OLYMPICS ARE STARTING THE OLYMPICS ARE STARTING THE OLYMPICS ARE STARTING THE OLYMPICS ARE STARTING!!!!! (i'd do the little circle olympic symbol thing but i'm just not that computer savy.) jolly good. i'm more than thrilled. mostly because the opening ceremonies tonight will give me a wonderful distraction from the fact that one of my best friends and college roommates is getting married tonight and all 6 of my college roommates have been together all week. :( so just a quick shout out to katie helder and nolan wiersma!!!! happy wedding!!!! but i'm also pumped to watch the olympics this year because i was at the olympic stadium in beijing just 6 months ago. infact, exactly six months ago. wow, really? i just realized that. yup, exactly 6 months ago. CRAZINESS!

i'll be off to thailand in a week and 2 days. i'm trying to chip away at packing and doing all those ending tasks that one must do when they are leaving a place they've lived a year and love, but running around with my head cut off the last 3 days i'm here just seems inevitable. i did, however, get two big boxes packed and shipped this week. yes, i've resorted to shipping boxes as i've found out i'm only allowed a total of 44 pounds on my trip from seoul to america (which i'll be doing right after thailand. in fact, i have about 2 hours to get off my flight from bangkok, sprint through baggage claim and customs, meet my friend who will have the rest of my luggage, and re-check in for my flight to america. it will be a miracle if that all goes smoothly...), yes that's right 44 POUNDS!!!! when i came here, i had two massive suitcases weighing 160 pounds. go ahead and make fun of me, but let's all keep in mind that i am not simply packing for vacation. this is my entire life in these suitcases. everything i own essentially. anyway, so hopefully i'm not over. (my friend was on the same airline as me and was over and got charged nearly 500 bucks...eeeesh)

wohoooo summer olympics 2008! go america! (who's excited for gymnastics? i've been watching you-tube clips on shaun johnson all week...)

5 comments:

Cara said...

C! Missed you last week and at the wedding! I feel your pains with the 44 lbs...I at least had 50 lbs for my 2 months of being away from NM! Hope your travels are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Michael Phelps is my homeboy. Word.

Kunnari said...

yeah olympics! i've been sneaking over to friends' houses to watch because i don't have a tv. have a wonderful time traveling.

Reido Bandito said...

freaking olympics....i'm spending too much of my life watching it...who am I kidding? I dont have anything better to do

Carolyn said...

the bummer is that they don't really cover the gymnastics stuff over here--apparently not that favored among koreans (but apparently archery and handball is..???) and i just want to cry! what's the summer olympics without all the tears and heartache of gymnastics??? booo korea! get your olympic priorities in line!!!