Thursday, May 12, 2011

The List: Progress!

I've been a busy bee, cracking away at that "Must Not Leave Korea Without Doing This" list. I'm impressed with my progress! Here's some of what I've crossed off the list:

Biking through the country roads of Ilsan. Korean farmers
wave to you just like they do in Iowa!

Picnicking in Lake Park.
I climbed to the peak of Bukhansan last Sunday, along with half of Korea. (Busiest national park in the Guiness Book of World Records!) A lot of it at the top was a very narrow, rocky, climb, so I held on tight the whole way up.
I feel the need to explain how I was feeling in this picture. Don't let the smile fool you: I. Was. Terrified. Standing on a tiny stone just a Korean Shove away from death is enough to make me freak out and start screaming that I need to get down. Which I did.
From the peak of Bukhansan! (Taken by Ali. WAY to preoccupied with
potentially falling off the mountain to be taking pictures...)
This was our view at lunch from the balcony at Agio on Saturday -- the temple
in the background is Gyeongbokgeong, where we had visited earlier that day.

Inside Gyeongbukgeong Palace.
Everyone in Korea dresses like this.
Hanging out with friends as much as possible! Like Mary Soo. :)
Walking along the stream through Seoul...lots of festivities
going on with Buddha's Birthday and all this month.
Hanging around Gwanghwamun Square, right in the middle of Seoul.
The Seoul Zoo!
As far as other things I've crossed off the list, not all were captured on camera. Like, for example, the jimjilbang. Hanging out in a hot tub with a bunch of naked Korean women isn't exactly a prime photo op. So you'll just have to trust me.

No comments: