Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#1 on the List.

The other day my co-worker was adding to her list of "things I like about Korea." I think she was trying to find ways to stay positive and remember the good amidst the ever-present frustrations we bump into on a daily basis. (Because there is so much good, and it's so easy to forget.)

Here's something that may be on the very top of my "things I like about Korea" list: KOREAN MASSAGES!

I stumbled on a place called The Foot Shop sometime last summer, and despite what the name indicates, it does oh-so-much-more than just feet. I think I've had just about every little Korean man and woman who works there, and they are all...equally...amazing. I've never had such purely blissful back rubs. Seriously. They dig, they elbow, they get on the table and use their entire bodies...it's perfect. Every time.

So last night I had completed my little sticker card (after 10 back rubs you get 50% off!), and I've been in EXCRUCIATING pain ever since my presentation on Saturday and my lack of stretching after the gym last week, so I decided to splurge for the 80 minute full body Sports massage. I've always gotten the 40 minute, which is mostly just the upper half of my body. This little Korean woman seriously find places in my legs that I never realized hurt. I was writhing in pain and it was WONDERFUL!

And it's so cheap! Less than $20 for 40 minutes.

Thank you, Korea, for having such perfectly wonderful, stress-relieving, inexpensive massages.

9 comments:

DebinNZ said...

sounds like a place i'm going to have to visit when i get there!

Amanda said...

i can best that! 70min for 2bucks in Vietnam! beautiful! ;)

Katie Wiersma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Wiersma said...

opps...anyways, was the massage better than that gadget Joy had in college for your back? :) That was pretty sweet.

Carolyn said...

whoa that is CHEAP Amanda! Gotta love Southeast Asia. :)

Ha, ha Katie...yes MUCH better. Although, I can't complain about Joy's backrubs...

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Bonsoir Carolyn!
Enjoy your blogs! May I have a numeric pic of you and Alistair on top of the tower - brilliant photo.

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

ProfessorTango said...

I'm adding it to the list ASAP^^