Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brrrrrrr.

I feel like I'm finally starting to get back on top of things in my life. The period after Christmas is over always tends to be a bit of a slump. It's cold, there are no Christmas carols to be heard in the stores, no Christmas gifts to shop for, no Christmas festivals to give you a reason to leave the house on the weekend, it's cold...

Yes, it's VERY cold here lately. Last week Monday, Korea got pounded with snow--the most they've had in a decade! Seems like everywhere in the world is having the most 'something' this winter. Most snow, most snow days, most days so cold you start looking for jobs near the equator...

Things at Feinschule are going well so far. I'm excited for the opportunities this school is bringing me. On February 6 there's a big conference with all 40 of their schools in Korea, where I have to do a big presentation (it's about time I finally cracked into the world of power point) on the drama curriculum that I'm creating. Eeeeek! (But let's be honest--presenting to a group of mostly Koreans with a ranging ability of English really eases the intimidation factor...)

Here's some photos from a couple weekends ago when Ali and I walked on Lake Park. (That's right--on. It should really be called 'Block-of-Ice Park' this winter.)


Ilsan from the park.


























"Quack Quack. We're the only 2 ducks left. Doh."
































The beloved block of ice, which Ali took great pride in finding.















And then proceeded to throw the entire way home until it was not so much a block, but rather a tiny chip of ice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

it's cold here too. :( but i like that for the first time in something like 30years the snow has stuck around for more than a day (in this case it's been a couple months). starting to wonder what this all means, in relation to global warming and stuff. :)
presentations in english when everyone else speaks it less impressively are definately less intimidating than in your own country, for sure. good luck with that!

Cara said...

Don't worry I live pretty close to the equator and I could see my breath while teaching for 3-4 days last week. It was ridiculously cold and this country doesn't believe in fire places or furnaces or any heating system...loved life those few days. And then I laid out today. TIH (This is Honduras) Miss you friend!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like all around the globe it's been a strange winter!!!!