Thursday, June 4, 2009

oprah. does it every time.

i forgot that when i live in korea, my standards for television go down. way down. but it's not my fault, there's simply a lack of english channels to choose from. gone are the days of carefully chosen movies of integrity from netflix (twilight doesn't count) and dvr at tricia and jen's place where i watch what i want, when i want, and don't fill in the gaps with crap. no no, here i'm just happy to catch ANYTHING in english, which usually consists of a lot of terminator movies, grey's anatomy, and oprah. good thing i would secretly give my right foot to be at the oprah show. how does she make me cry 75% of the time i watch that show?

i'm continuing to attempt re-arranging my box of an apartment, and the latest addition is new bedding. bedding is important in here, given the fact that my bed takes up about 1/2 of the space. (no joke.) i opted for olive green (it looked cool and subtle online) and i opened the box to find the brightest limish greenish olivish greenish you could imagine. good thing i love a dramatic look!

i'm also still working on gaining an appetite again. the smells here are really hard to get used to again--everywhere i go smells like some form of kimchi. i'm having a hard time getting anything down.

tonight i needed to spell the word "dissapoint" in a post i put on facebook, and the red squiggly came up underneath it. so i took away an "s" and the red squiggly stayed. i couldn't imagine any other way it could be, so i looked it up online and WHO KNEW disappoint is spelled with 2 p's. it looked so weird and awkward to me. i think i've been spelling it wrong my whole life. sigh. i need tricia in my pocket for the rest of my life if i ever hope to become a competent speller.

i promise i'll post pictures of my box soon, but i want it to dazzle first!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ah, good. a friendly/homey personal spaces can make all the difference in adjusting.
in singapore i liked to watch the malaysian channels, hilarious stuff... only good for about 5 min though.
glad the school and teaching stuff is working out well for you. :)
hang in there, it always gets better!