Wednesday, June 10, 2009

and the music teacher lives on.

so i was sitting in one of my classes this week thinking...'you know self, i really think a music program could be squeezed into this schedule. i wonder if a did a little convincing, i could get back to what i actually love doing...i'll give it a month and lay it on the table.' well, the month turned into 30 minutes later, when i just blurted it out to the head kindergarten teacher. result: she was thrilled, now they don't have to pay for a music teacher to come in, i start next week.

HOORAY!!!!

i was feeling so sad about the prospect of an entire year of no music teaching, and then alas! a door opened. get ready for a whole bunch of songs that you're not gonna be able to pronounce and will be clueless to the meaning of kids! it's gonna be a blast! bring on the shoo, fly!

i don't know where my money's gone. i hate how when you settle into a new apartment, your wallet gets drained. going out to eat b/c you have no groceries, kitchen utensils that are absolutely essential for any hopes of cooking, bright olive green heels that are absolutely essential for any hopes of adjusting...you get the picture. it's time to get back to a budget so i can start kicking my student loans in the pants.

ali comes tomorrow. twill be crazy being back in korea together!

3 comments:

DebinNZ said...

I LOVE IT!...i'm so glad the music teacher Carolyn is back. I wish I could be there too!

Kunnari said...

i'm excited you get to teach what you really enjoy. have fun!

Melanie said...

I would love to be in your music class!
Oh and I share the budget feeling - I just bought a set of knives, pots and pans, a microwave, and a TV... yikes.