Monday, April 13, 2009

weekend with grandpa.

this weekend we headed to pella--a little dutch pocket in the middle of iowa complete with windmills, tulips, windmills...anyway, it's where my mom grew up and where my grandparents still live. my grandpa has a brain tumor, so the family was all there this weekend saying goodbye. it's very sad. but it was great to see him before he passes and to spend time with the family. we'll most likely be heading down for the funeral later this week, but who knows, maybe he'll last longer than we think. death is a strange thing.

my grandma also wanted to clear out my grandpa's hat collection, so we all got one! thanks grandpa! (i totally got the coolest one...)
i'm glad i'll have a little piece of him to take with me.

3 comments:

brother_andrew said...

Umm.... you got the coolest one? Check out the Sa-weet Central logo on mine...


Go Dutch!

Dena said...

Seeing your mom in that hat made my day in the best way. (And what will the South Koreans think of yours?)

Carolyn said...

i know doesn't she look hilarious and so cute! pretty much we all did--not so much cute as hilarious...