Sunday, April 26, 2009

a must see: "anvil! the story of anvil."

this week whilst running i approached a group of gangsta looking guys on the sidewalk and after not moving and making me awkardly maneuver my way around them, they barked at me. perhaps they were directing their barks at chance (jen's dog who has become my running mate), but it seemed more likely they were for me. i don't know, i didn't turn around to ask. earlier in the week, i was biking home and this guy in a car starts driving directly next to me, rolling down his window trying to strike up a converation. when i say "strike up a conversation" i mean saying rude and inappropriate thing that i couldn't quite understand. i have oh so perfected my stare-straight-ahead-pretend-they-don't-exist-i-couldn't-be-more-apathetic look.

last night, kristin, grant, ali, and i went to the music box to see "anvil! the story of anvil." see this movie!!! it's a documentary about the metal band "anvil" that had 15 minutes of fame in the 80s and still now, in their early 50s, believe they are just one gig away from hitting the tops of the charts. it was hillarious, emotional, beautiful, hillarious...go see it! find it somewhere by you! it's at the music box all week here in chicago for those in the area. here's the you tube trailer to give you a preview. see it people! see it!

2 comments:

Dena said...

"I have oh so perfected my stare-straight-ahead-pretend-they-don't-exist-i-couldn't-be-more-apathetic look". Me too! Though sometimes it turns into the "stare-straight-ahead-i'm-going-to-punch-you-in-the-face-if-you-say-one-more-thing-and-YES-I-understand-what-you're-saying-you-donkey" look. And then I feel afraid that I'm turning into an angry person.

But seriously, now that you've perfected your look, you're totally ready to visit Egypt.

Carolyn said...

ooooooo i'm ready i'm ready!!! i'll be on the next plane over.