Thursday, November 1, 2007

a tango pango holloween.

our holloween extravaganza at tango pango. a WILD and crazy day. spent the whole morning decorating, hanging spider webs, covering windows with black paper, covering the lights with aluminum foil, taping pumpking all over the wall. and then the kids came in the afternoon for face painting, learning about holloween (they don't really celebrate it here), showing off their costumes, and trick-or-treating. this picture is of me and chung whan (aka power ranger pink--that's his english name he makes us call him.)


one of my favorite students yae chan.







the kids sitting and learning about holloween.







on the left, one of our naughtiest kids--min gyu. (but he's one of my favorites...i've always like the naughty boys the best...)











watching the crazy teachers do a crazy skit to the book "the old lady who wasn't afraid of anything." (i did sound effects on the piano.)










we had mummy wrap races where we each picked a kid and raced to see who could wrap their entire roll of toilet paper around them quickest. i definetely lost. turns out it's a lot harder than it looks. next year i'm practicing before hand...




the tang pango teachers! me as a cat. hannah in the back as a pirate. raquel in front as sporty. and mary on the right as an old lady.





...don't forget to check out my pics from last weekend on the post below here...

4 comments:

Modiste1000 said...

min gyu LOOKS like a mischievous little person!!! even covering up the red mask ... the set of his mouth or something. wonder what he's gonna grow up to do???

Kristin said...

key-ooote. I just finished bashing my own little Korean student, Min-su, with musical instruments. :)

triciasybesma said...

You look like such a teacher!! The way you pose and smile with them. It's your teacher pose and smile.

Did you know I dressed up as a cat for halloween too? And I also had some pictures from our halloween party at work which I threw away because for some reason I looked HORRIBLE in them all. Maybe all the fun I was having went straight to my face and distorted it. Who knows.

Carolyn said...

yes, kate, min gyu has the look of naughtiness in his eyes. (and i love it. i try not to laugh more than i discipline.) kristin, min su? min gyu? it's like we're in the same country. tric, i'd always cringed at the thought of hearing someone say i look like a teacher. now it makes me feel sort of warm and fuzzy inside...:)