Monday, November 19, 2007

baby it's cold oustide.

so i've now officially been in korea for 3 seasons. summer, fall, and as of yesterday, winter. as i speak, the first snowfall of the season is making it's way down my window, and i'd just be lying if i tried to hold back my excitment. THE FIRST SNOW!!! it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! hannah and mary and raquel and i were all sending each other texts and calling and saying "can you BELIEVE how big those snow flakes are!?!?!?" and they were all groaning and i was so excited i wanted to hug them through the phone. it makes me feel like a little girl again!

it also makes me realize that i think this is the last time in my life i will live alone. if it's up to me. at first it was sort of a novelty, a rite of passage, i felt sort of carrie bradshaw from sex and the city-ish. and now i find myself talking to my plants and sharing my excitment about the first snow in my blog rather than grabbing the hand of a roommate and skipping outside and opening my arms and sticking out my tounge to catch as many of the season's first snowflakes as possible while making a beautiful memory with another person that we can talk about years down the road. i guess i could do it alone. or run over and grab one of the other girls, but it's just not the same. it'll be nice to come home to someone again.

in honor of the first snowfall, i shall recite the song i've been teaching my korean rascals. (it's in 5/4 time which i love and it's supposed to just be a chant but i put music with it and it's sounds really jazzy and exciting now. so try to imagine that):

snowflakes, soft snowflakes, gently are falling, magically making everything white.
snowflakes, soft snowflakes, gently are falling, magically making everything white.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether the grading of blogs is a scam or not, but it probably doesn't help your case when you spell things wrong in your title:)

Carolyn said...

ha! wow, i sure did. should i go back and change it? should i leave it? i think i'll leave it. i'm not ashamed. (well, maybe a little...)

Kathlyn D said...

carolyn,
I understand your teaching pains. and your love for sweatpants and grey's anatomy on the weekends. Not living alone. Not yet. I don't know if I want to do it. I don't know if I could do it. But dena told me of some plans to go to korea. Will you still be there? Enjoy the snow. When it first snows here, I will run outside and think of you!

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

oh katy, i love you for understanding sweat pants and grey's anatomy. (except i switched to the lord of the rings trilogy b/c i got sick of grey's after 2 episodes...)

as for next year, it's so far away. i do know that i would really like to live with friends, so if you guys would consider korea, i will stay. but i'm always open to new places!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to point out that you are not alone in your spelling mishaps. I've been toying with the idea of signing up for eHarmony and so I completed their questionnaire thing and filled out some basic information. I didn't put a lot of time or effort into and when I got my first match it said "Congratluations Jrn you've been matched with...". I can't even spell my name right on a personal advertisement. Oops. I've got to say, there are a surprising number of men interested in a futher communication with Jrn, however. This is the most action I've gotten in a while. Maybe I should consider permanently changing it.