Saturday, September 22, 2007

my humble abode.

finally, here are some pics of my little home:

this is my living area, taken from my kitchen. the dresser, chairs, coffee table, and desk in the left corner that you can't really see are all from the trash. not bad, eh?







on the left, my dresser up close. on the right, my living area taken from my loft where i sleep.







this is my bathroom, complete the bright blue rug i found and was SO excited about, only to get home, rip off the tag, throw it proudly on my floor, and realize it was in the shape of a heart. i really don't like hearts, but i also really don't like buying 2 bathroom rugs, so the heart stays.

this is taken from my living area. the stairs go up to a low-ceilinged carpeted loft where i have a mattress and that's about it. the door at the end of the hallway leads out and my bathroom is just to the left of the door. the kitchen is to the left of the stairway, just out of the picture. does that makes sense?







this picture is just to show you how i spent my friday night--i have decided to become a painter in korea. so last night, i stayed up till 1 am painting my flower pots and a few things for my walls.




this is my kitchen, taken from my living area.







here is my couch, no longer purple. (i figured out how to take the couch cover off. i hope it doesn't mind that i'm showing the whole world it's nakedness...)



this is what i see when i walk in the door. living area straight ahead, bathroom is the first right, then the kitchen. stairway to my left on the left. hopefully this give ya'll a better feel for where i spend most of my time. i've already grown rather found of the place in the month i've been here. i think we'll get along just fine.

2 comments:

Modiste1000 said...

it's beautiful! i particularly love the chairs - of course, since they're all curly. the place is beautiful!!

you nest well.

do you have, up in your loftie, a good lamp and some extra pillows for reading in bed? unless reading in bed doesn't work for you. it's still one of my favorite things! larry & i each have a nightstand with a lamp - sometimes we plan reading in bed times! (not aloud, though. that just feels weird.)

anyway. *if* you like reading in bed, a nice lamp and chamomile tea go very very well with a sweet novel. that's my prescription for myself, anyway, esp. when things get too hectic like having TWO FILMS IN ONE MONTH ack October is going to be *interesting*!!

Katie Wiersma said...

Carolyn, it's so cute...i want to move in! and i wish trash piles here in the U.S. were that awesome. Those are treasures! too bad you won't be able to take them back with you. ANyways, i miss you..but it looks like you have a nice place to come home to after a day of teaching! thanks for the tour of your place! love it!!