Wednesday, August 29, 2007


jimi and yoona, two of the assistants in our classroom. so wonderful and so kind! they've really made me feel at home here. we are out for lunch here--they tried their best to find me food that is "aneyo meoon." (not spicy)










we had tuna kimbap--tuna sushi basically, and oudoo (no idea how to spell it) soup and some sort of broth drink and some fried pork with cheese and rice. all the food goes in the middle and then we all dig in with our chopsticks. it's my kind of eating. our family was always big into sharing our meals anyway.









me and yoona!











it's really hard to capture feel of ilsan. but here's an example of the buildings--lots of bright colors and signs and lights.











sorry this one is sideways. there's markets all over where i live. one in my building in fact on the bottom floor. they put all their produce outside. this is one of my favorite parts of living here! i love fresh food!



this is my favorite--if you look close enough right in the middle there's Jesus with his arms spread out. apparently the Korean Christ has bright purple robes and long green hair and a big green beard.

4 comments:

Modiste1000 said...

sounds utterly delish! i especially like the purple-and-green jesus. he looks so friendly!

Modiste1000 said...

(hey - you notice - i figured out how to comment on your blog!!!! w00t!!)

Modiste1000 said...

um ... this is Kate Setzer Kamphausen, by the way. If you didn't know. And ... now I'll stop leaving comments on this one little post, okay???

(Love you.)

Kristin said...

oooh, yum - that food looks soooooooo good! I clicked on the noodle soup picture to make it bigger, and spent a solid minute salivating over it. I miss eating random asian soups with you!!!