Thursday, August 9, 2007

family reunion '07

I've just returned from the Sybesma family reunion 2007. I swore that this would be the year that I grow up and save myself from the horrific pain of the wild tube rides, the sore muscles, the broken blood vessels from trying to hang on for my life...I thought I was done with that. It sounded less than appealing back in my little apartment in Chicago as I laid in bed stretching my old and tired muscles. Here were the results of my efforts to stay away from the infamous tube rides at the family reunion:
If you'll take a look at the picture in the middle, you'll see Lisa flying up from a wave, soon to land with her knee in my thigh, causing me to fly off the tube in a spread eagle manner and not bend my knee for the next 3 days. I am, as we speak, icing the muscle that became the innocent victim of my reckless tubing excursions. Sigh. NEXT YEAR I swear, it's boat rides, hot tubs, and swimming with the little kids only...

Gotta love the family reunion. It's the most talked about event of the year. Here's some more memories:

1 comment:

Kathlyn D said...

I changed my blog. You can use those colors now if you want...
its always nice to get a new start before you take off to SOUTH KOREA!
hurrah hurrah hurran!