Friday, August 24, 2007

goodbye chicago

tonight i said goodbye to chicago. i fly to seoul, south korea at 8 pm tomorrow night and arrive at 11:40 pm Saturday Korea time, 9:40 am Saturday morning Chicago time. from there i go up to my loft apartment in ilsan, just a little north of seoul. a wretched 14 hour fly to listen to sad music on my ipod and think about all the people i'm leaving behind. tonight the power on our whole block went out for a good 4 hours from one of the biggest storms i've ever seen. so we ordered thai food and sat on our floor with candals in our empty apartment surrounded in packed boxes and ate our food in the dark. it was an appropriate way to say goodbye. i'll really miss chicago and all the people i love here.

4 comments:

Reido Bandito said...

Have a great time! If I get bored, maybe I'll try to find you in Korea.

Kunnari said...

korea... man everyone is going there... spring break korea anyone?

Kathlyn D said...

matt, I'm in, I'm in!!!

Carolyn, have a super time. Soak it up. I'll have carolyn moments when I am in the windy city.

sara without an 'h' said...

how's the settling in?