Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Bali Trip: Padang Bai

After Nusa Lembongan, we took a tiny little boat from the island back to the coast of Bali, where we stayed for one night in a small harbor town called Padang Bai. Padang Bai was full of tourists and people getting in your face trying to sell you stuff, so it was a bit of a transition coming from the quiet, calm, and undeveloped Nusa Lembongan. However, despite more people and a little more hustle and bustle, Padang Bai had some beautiful scenery.




This is the blue lagoon, something that Padang Bai is famous for. It boasts of fantastic snorkeling. I would have enjoyed it more did I not have a huge blister on my toe from diving that prevented me from being able to wear flippers, and if there was also less trash in the water. This is often the downfall of too many tourists. Oh, and I heard once that sharks live in lagoons, so that didn't help either.









Not exactly a mode of transportation I've used much in my lifetime...















The evening we were in Padang Bai, we went for dinner for some yummy fresh Mahi Mahi...












...and finished off our meal with the most disgusting dessert I've ever had in my life.















On our way down to white sand beach...















...and the sand was, in fact, pretty white!













Balinese boys have attitude just like the rest of the world. These little dudes posed like pros for me, and then wanted me to pay them for letting me take their picture. "Gi me muhneee! Gi me muhneee!"

No comments: