Friday, August 6, 2010

My Bali Trip: Dream Beach

If there is one place in the world that I would dare to call my 'happy place,' Dream Beach might be it. We strolled up to this secluded beach on our motor bike our first day on Nusa Lembongan, and I had such a surge of happiness and pure glee (glee!), that I nearly broke my leg scurrying down the rocks to the beach. I never wanted to leave!








I've never swam in such huge waves!













Caught Ali mid-jump...














The way the waves slammed against the rocks was mesmerizing...












Pretty...












The view from the hill...












We had the yummiest food ever looking over the beach. Shrimp with coconut milk and Indonesian spices steamed in a banana leaf. Yum!











Too many pictures of the rocks?











1 comment:

Darius Cartmell said...

It's quite a cool image - the clash between earth and water. It's great to have a lot of that in a beach. It provides a unique experience you don't see often in the city. It's the perfect environment to have fun and chill out.