Thursday, July 22, 2010

Burnout

For once in my life, I'd like to go into vacation feeling refreshed, well-slept, and healthy. Instead, I'm always burned-out, seriously sleep deprived, and have spent the past week surviving on vanilla lattes and m&ms. Which basically sums up my week. I had big plans of staying on top of things, running every day, being all packed-up and ready to go to Bali with toes freshly painted, and I feel like I'm barely staying afloat. I've been teaching my private lesson student every morning this week before work to get in extra lessons before I leave, went to visit friends in Seoul last night an hour and a half away, visited with a prospective new private student's family on Tuesday (my current one is moving to Hawaii!), and spent every day dodging all the drama that's taking place at work (just found out my boss is quitting because she's tired of doing 3 jobs in 1, and they aren't going to replace her -- so logical!). Perhaps I took on too much?

I just keep chanting in my head "Bali...Bali...Bali..." In 24 hours I'll be on a bus to the airport. We're spending the night in the Hong Kong airport (cheaper tickets with terrible lay-overs always seem like a good idea months before the vacation), and will be in Bali on Saturday afternoon.

"Bali...Bali...Bali..."

3 comments:

Amanda said...

where sunscreen, lots of sunscreen. my worst sunburn was in Bali. you think you aren't burning, but you are. and then you pay for it all night and the whole flight home. :)

Carolyn said...

Sunscreen: check!

Dena said...

It's always seemed tragically ironic to me that (at least in the week before, when you're getting ready) vacations seem to be more work than the work you're trying to get away from. Sorry it was such a crazy week - hopefully Bali means quick recovery. Also sorry we didn't get to talk before you left, though it seems like things were crazy anyways. I'd love to try again once you're back and (hopefully) refreshed!