Monday, September 14, 2009

On the road to recovery.

I'm feeling slightly better--I literally slept all weekend. Saturday I woke up at about noon, then took about 3 naps during the afternoon, got Vietnamese take-out, and watched The Outsiders with Ali, for the first time since 8th grade English Class. (I swooned over Patrick
Swayze and Tom Cruise now as much as I did then.) The Sunday we went to Lake Park and met Natalie and Jason for a relaxing afternoon in the shade of a small tree. Then I ran 12 miles. Which most would say is not conducive to recovering from a week long illness, but the Half is in two weeks, and it was my last long run before the race, and I just had to get it done. And it went fine (despite my normal couple hours of extreme nausea I get about 30 minutes after I do a long run for some reason), and I still feel like I'm on the road to recovery, so no worries there!






Last weekend, Ali and I ventured to Sincheon, which where Yongsei University is located, hence making it a cool chilled out University-feeling part of Seoul. We found a great little Indian resturaunt on one of these side streets. We also did a

little shopping in UNIQLO, which is a more Western style clothing chain here, because I was hoping to find jeans, but I was disappointed to find that the biggest size they carried was a 28. BOOOOOOO.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I love these pictures of the city! Hope you are feeling better!!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Margaret!!!

Amanda said...

haha, westerners cannot shop in asia, unless you want to experience total frustration from finding nothing that even almost fits and are looking for a way to feel bummed, giantish, and fat. why are asian women so tiny?