Monday, September 21, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty.

I’m having a slight case of the Moooooondays (only funny if you’ve seen Office Space), so I’ll try not to let my post reflect the shadow of gloom and depression that I’m feeling. I’m not sure a person has a choice to feel anything BUT gloom and depression when they wake up on a Monday morning that came way too fast, and poke their head between the curtains through slinted eyes only to be greeted by a dark, dreary, rain-hitting-the windows sorta day.

To liven things up, I’ll stop dwelling on my rotten Monday mood and tell about the funny thing that happened last week. I was taking my trash out to the trash designated area in the parking lot of my building (taking the trash out is my LEAST favorite thing to do EVER because you have to sort every piece out—food goes in one bin, plastic in another, glass, tin, paper, styrafoam…good for the environment, disgusting for us poor people who have to dig our hands into our old garbage and pull out the tin of tomato sauce that has been sitting on the bottom of the bag for a week and a half, molding up and getting infested with the worst trash-smell you’ve ever experienced…) and as I threw the bag of non-recyclable items in the big metal bin, I nearly had a heart attack as 4 frightening, angry-looking flashes of white and gray flew out shrieking and lunging for my face at the exact moment my trash bag hit the bottom of the bin. I covered my face, let out a loud cry of shock and distress and bolted backwards just in time to avoid the wrath of 4 horrified cats who had most-likely been enjoying a relaxing meal of garbage when they were disturbed by a large unidentified flying object that sent them jumping for their lives. They just happened to jump right at the poor innocent victim of this situation: me.

Needless to say, I throw my garbage in the bin from about 20 feet away ever since.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hahahaha! i can picture it! and its funny! :)

you could pre-sort...have five different little garbage cans in your kitchn instead of one big one... you know, with all thta extra space you have in your room, shouldn't be a problem...

Margaret said...

At work a few weeks ago, I was just arriving, and just finished my coffee before I walked in the building. I went to go throw it in the trashcan right outside the door to get in, and a squirrel flew out at me... scared the HELL out of me. I always throw from a few feet away now... :)