Monday, May 18, 2009

deal breaker.

anybody see the 30 rock season finale this week? that show is OSF (oh so funny) and quickly becoming my favorite show on television. anyway, it ends with a chorus of pop stars singing a song about donating a kidney. however, the funniest part was liz lemon's "deal breaker" lines. i'm unsuccesfully trying to find a way to incorporate it into my everyday conversation.

so shop i did. i spent 2 1/2 hours in h&m, made 4 trips round the store and back into the dressing room. i don't find shopping all that fun when it's leisurely, so image the effort and frustration that went into a trip with such purpose and necessity. it felt like a job. i deliberated, i tried on, i put back, i tried on again, i separated styles, i spent 15 minutes sitting in my dressing room pondering the meaning of clothing...

but i came out alive, with a heavier suitcase, a lighter wallet, and less anxiety about squeezing into clothes that go up to a whopping size xs. sizes in korea: DEAL BREAKER.

i have but a couple days left in the windy city, and i'm trying to get those last minute things done before i go. the top two on the list:

1. find sunscreen that doesn't make me want to rip my face off. i've been having this issue for the last few years of breaking out in an itchy and painful rash every time i put certain lotions on my face or neck, and it took me 3 years to figure out i'm allergic to sunscreen! or atleast something in sunscreen. anyway, so i've left myself 2 days to find a product that works. (buying sunscreen in korea: DEAL BREAKER. because it all has whitening products in it.) anyway, i've looked online and i think i'll be trying to baby sunscreens that are chemical free. california baby from whole foods--anyone heard of it?
2. trying to find a way to get more pages in my passport. an even worse thing to leave yourself 2 days to do. as the korean woman at the consulate this week told me as she handed me my passport: "you need more page. finishy." it turns out i do not have a single empty page left and am anticipating evil glares from the immigration officers at the airport as they try to find a place to squeeze a stamp onto my passport. sending my passport in from korea to get more pages put in because i'm an idiot and forgot to do it earlier: DEAL BREAKER people, DEAL BREAKER.

7 comments:

DebinNZ said...

ouch...about the need for more pages in the passport--i'm jealous. i can't wait for the day where i need more pages. awesomeness. i really wish i had been around to do the shopping trip with you. that would've been more fun than doing it alone! love you and best luck on your travels the next couple of weeks!

Kathlyn D said...

hahaha. deal breaker. 30 rock IS my favorite show. and although her life is pathetic, liz lemon is my role model. hahaha and cyndi, too. AND I will be waiting for you in California. maybe.

what did you end up buying from H&M?

Kathlyn D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathlyn D said...

fashion show. Fashion show.

Justin said...

happy travels. i hope to make it to seoul this summer. rook, anyone?

Amanda said...

try water-based sunscreen.

Rachel:) said...

bummer about the sun screen! BUt i am very jelous of needing more pages in the passport!:) I have often pondered the purpose of clothing... i think in heaven we will not need them!:)