Friday, May 15, 2009

almost on the road again.

so i've been in chicago for almost 3 months now, doing a little teaching at merit, blowing up the air mattress every night and crashing in tricia and jen's living room, running big man chance a few times a week, and that pretty much seems to some up what i've done for the last 3 months. ali left for england on tuesday, and i'll be heading out there next week, and then to korea the week after that. so it looks like our rollercoaster of a year may be coming to an end. or atleast to a pause. i feel very dubious about the prospect of actually being able to unpack my suitcase in a few weeks time. i haven't really done that for 9 months. (well, unless you include the week that i lived in an apartment in london, when i unpacked everything only to re-pack everything 3 days later...)

i will not miss blowing up the airmattress every night (and i'm guessing the people living downstairs will not miss the nightly sound of a tornado exploding overhead just when they're almost falling asleep), but i will miss staying with tricia and jen, and chloe (bean) and chance (big man). it's been nice to be so close to everyone here for awhile!

i'm on my way downtown to the korean embassy to pick up my passport with my full visa in it. and to go shopping for a year's worth of clothes that fit me so i never have to enter a little korea boutique only to encounter wide eyes, a look of terror, and a tiny little korean woman saying "nooooo noooooo. too fat. you stretch clothes." i could do without that.

4 comments:

DebinNZ said...

HAHAHAHAHA! There are times though, that I miss having those korean ladies shoo me out of their shops...at least I got good stories out of it though! I'm excited for you and ali to get back to Korea and who knows, maybe I'll vacation there next spring and visit you yahoos.

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

have fun in Korea! eat some kimchi for me.

Kathlyn D said...

wooohoooo for shopping. what did you get? Today I bought 2 hats. practical, I know. One large straw hat. One fucshia beret. hahahhaa.

mina said...

who was the korean bitch
whoever bitch to you I will beat them up!!!
YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!