Thursday, February 26, 2009

the carolyn saga part...

alright ok FINE katy i'll tell you what's going on in my life!

the reason i've been MIA recently is because i, well, you see, have been, sort of, well the thing is...sigh. i flew to england, moved into a flat in london, went to some interviews, got the flu for two days, went to some more interviews, moved out of my flat in london to ali's brother and sister-in-law's place in reading, spent a week and a half figuring out what ali and i should do with our lives and had one of those michael w. smith moments where we just wanted to find "our place in this world...our PLAAAACE in this world" and got on a plane and flew back to chicago last night.

please, everyone, cut me a break. things went down. life is hard sometimes.

what else do i need to say really? many of you may be thinking..."UH...LOTS more"...but, well, to be quite frank, i don't want to. so, i'm in chicago now, ali's coming soon, and we'll probably be here for a couple of months before we make the next move.

and because i don't feel like talking about the heavy things of life anymore, let's move on to something lighter...twilight series. book 4: breaking dawn. i have a similiar feeling about the twilight series that i have about watching lost...WHY DID I EVER START!?!?!? it sucks you in and when it starts turning rubbish it's too late to go back. i can barely get through a page anymore without spouting out in astonishment and disgust.."really!?!? really stephenie meyer?!? this is the direction you decided to take this series?!? really!?!" anyway. i'll get through it. (confession: i'm still entertained.)

6 comments:

trcdkk said...

a) That sucks. And I'm truly sorry.

b) I haven't gotten myself into the Twilight Series yet because I'm worried about not being able to respect myself in the morning. Like every time I watch The Hills...but I just can't help myself.

Kathlyn D said...

carolyn!! the american!! (move to california. asap.)

aannnnddddd my students LOVE twilight and missed school to get tickets to see the movie and use (edward?) as an example FOR EVERYTHING. but i am glad that you are reading them thoughtfully, and with discernment.

Janelle said...

you've brightened my day with the Michael W. Smith reference.
Sorry to hear things are heavy

Amanda said...

goodness. confusing. sounds kinda shitty. hope you figure things out eventually. cheers!

Anonymous said...

I for one, am so glad that you are back in Chicago. And my apartment:) And that you read the Twilight series. I have a feeling I'm going to need someone to vent with after a while.

And the reason Twilight is different than Lost is that with Lost, I feel manipulated. I have to wait, week to week (or sometimes months at a time) for them to dole out more information. I feel like they are just toying with me. With the books, if I really wanted, I could just sit down and read them all straight through. You have more control with the books.

DebinNZ said...

Hey, sorry things are waaayyyy up in the air for you right now. But I'm sure things will sort themselves out and you and ali will be where you are supposed to be at. i love you and can't wait to see you again!