Tuesday, March 25, 2008

rain rain go away. come again NEVER!!!!

things that bother me:
  • the fact that 2 days ago it was 64 degrees and today ice fell from the sky while i was riding my bike.
  • rainy weather all day when i'm already in low spirits. or maybe that's why i was in low spirits. which came first? the chicken or the egg? the rain or the bad mood?
  • people who don't know proper lap swimming etiquette. like the water-splashing little korean woman last night who, for 6 solid laps, swam so close behind me that her hands hit my toes on several occasions. i finally stopped in mid-lap, let her run into me, and said "STOP DOING THAT!!!!" i will forever be known at that pool as the girl who yells things in english. or just the girl who yells. that's enough of a novelty in korea.
things that made me smile today inspite of my bad mood:
  • discovering these dot thingies on my blog and making cool lists with them.
  • going to teach my private class to mi-ho and thomas after school and having them write about their favorite birthday memory and hearing thomas read "my favorite birthday was 2 years ago when my parents took me out for robstar." robstar? do you mean rock star? your friend rob that's a star? the constellation called rob? "no you know, robstar. the red thing from the ocean with the claws. it was the first time i'd ever eaten it." ah. lobster. almost as funny as me saying "horrible sex."
  • yoga!!!! the only time all day that i had a clear head! amelia and mina! hooray for good friends who do yoga with me.
  • this. watch it watch it watch it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the l-r thing is tricky. One of my Chinese student's mothers called me a few weeks ago. I picked up the phone and heard: "Hi, this is Herruh's mom." And I was like...um, who? "Herruh's mom. Your student?" And I was like...uh, Henry? "No, Herruh!" Oh! Helen! Awkward.

Carolyn said...

ya, but the thing is that he actually thought it was robster. not lobster. that makes it funnier. :)

Kunnari said...

that video is great. i hear you on the weather. it was in the 50's here in sioux center and now we've got snow and it's cold again.