Saturday, March 29, 2008

remember my birthday?


it's a week late, but here's a little taste of the big birthday bash from last saturday night. it was a good time, complete with big party hats, a ginormous traveling cake, an inevitable cake fight at the end of the night, and some very angry bartenders cleaning up the damage.

so here's mary and i, 2 out of the 4 birthdays we were celebrating.

my girls! debbie, mina, amelia, and me.








here is the beautiful cake at the beginning of the night. (i picked it out myself. i was trying to find one that said "happy birthday" in korean, but apparently it's much cooler here to have it written in english.)




here's the cake at the next place we were at. very neat slices taken out. people casually taking bites from the edges.





and here is my lovely cake at the end of the night. and this was before people started taking handfuls and throwing it into each other's faces. i found chunks of frosting in my hair when i got home. (but secretly, i brought the cake hoping this is how the night would end. a great cake fight makes a party memorable.)

No comments: