Monday, November 24, 2008

ouch! it bit me!

i feel very much the Christmas spirit starting to ooze into my blood. after spending saturday and sunday in downtown london hanging out with friends, i started to get that annual desire to fill my days with christmasy things. ice skating in the city, sipping hot cocoa bundled in mittens and a wooly scarf, shopping in a lit-up harrods for christmas teas and coffees, strolling through the famous london street of christmas lights (all of this which are on the agenda for next weekend...), and watching every classic christmas movie out there from it's a wonderful life to the polar express (on the agenda for tonight). i can't help it. i've been listening to christmas music non-stop. i'm about to head to the video store to pick up every christmas film in the building. i just sent an e-card where you get to create your own snow man. sigh. i've been bit by the bug.

to be honest, it's been a rather difficult time these days. we're really worried about me getting the visa, and it seems necessary to think about what we will do if i don't get it. which just leads to a lot of panick and stress. him getting a visa to the states is even more impossible and unlikely, and it would seem that in order to be together, we would have to go overseas. maybe there are more options, but being refused this visa definitely makes the future look a little bleak and unstable. we're trying not to think about it, and just enjoy being together at the moment, but, well, it's impossible to not let it sort of cloud over the moment. we did, however, go to a beautiful service at westminster abbey yesterday. ali's childhood friends' dad was doing the service. that may be the most beautiful church i've been to. and one of the most beautiful choirs. i just found myself praying the entire time that God takes care of me. and us. it's scary not knowing what the plan is for my life.

well, off to the video store i go, ho ho ho, let it snow let it snow let it snow, rudolph the red nose rein...oh wait, that doesn't rhyme.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I have to say, you have an amazing outlook on life. I can't even imagine what you must be going through to get a visa (I've never even had to think about one before..) I only hope everything works out for you!

Kunnari said...

just get married! we all need a good wedding to attend right about now. how fun would that be to head off the england for your wedding!!!

Cara said...

I agree...Get married...I would love to come to England! Hope it all works out!
Wish we were making Christmas cookies together! :)

Amanda said...

can you sign up for a masters program or something? get a student visa?
i suppose getting married would be a good last resort... ;)

DebinNZ said...

I'm feeling you, everyone here keeps asking me what's going on. And thinking more and more if i don't get that visa is a scary thought. Though I think that it's going to get worse in another month. Oh my. I'm praying it works out for you as well as for me, otherwise we could always go back to Korea and start our own hagwon that isn't crazy!

Dena said...

So what'd you watch?

Carolyn said...

hmmmm, marriage. is giving my friends an excuse to visit england a good enough reason to tie the knot? hmmmm, let's see, well......i think knot...er...not. :)

dena, i watched the polar express. he he. bought it for 4 pounds!

Amanda said...

no, but a way to be together with your honey is a good enough reason...